Monday, March 12, 2012

I Will Not Apologize

I thought about this a lot Saturday night. Then off and on again on Sunday I tried to make a decision on how I wanted to address my last blog post. For those of you not on Twitter, the drunk driving death was someone's twisted, sick idea of a prank. I still stand behind what I wrote because the emotions I felt for the faux-victims family were real. 


I try to live positive. I try to be true to me. Please don't let it ever be said of me that I was phony or two-faced! I'd like to think that I have a big heart, I don't know how true that is until I am faced with someone I don't get along with. That doesn't happen much at all! The few people I've encountered that I had difficulties with I prayed for. Even if it wasn't a gut reaction I did it anyway.


There's a reason the phrase, "kill 'em with kindness" is used often. It's so true!  There is nothing that will throw someone off worse than you going out of your way to be nice to them when they are attacking you. Get creative with it too! Look for ways to surprise them. Wear them down with never giving up on being caring. If nothing else, you will feel good about your actions!


So, I will not apologize for writing about a hoax with true emotions and real warnings about the dangers of drunk driving.  I wasn't being fake. I wasn't seeking attention. (Well, I'm a writer so on some level I'm always seeking attention but...I digress.) I wrote from the heart, as I always do and for that I will have no regrets. Ever.


Thankful today: breathtaking sunrises and even the subtle ones too! I've always been drawn to sunrises, since I'm not a morning person I need the motivation to start out my day right!
My second thanks: my husband. I may repeat this one often b/c truthfully, I am thankful for him everyday. No matter what. I am SO blessed!


Lessons Learned:
*You should be cautious what you believe but don't live with regrets. Ever!
*I can live without coffee. It's been almost a week. Crazy! Crazy! Crazy! :oP
*The smallest kind word has a big impact on my heart. Y'all are too good to me! Much love!!! <3 <3 <3
*I'm never going to be good at daily exercise. It's not even that I don't like it so I'm not quite sure the lack of motivation here.
*Stress can wig you out don't let it drag you down though! Remember: refocus!

No comments:

Post a Comment