Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Humble or Not? You Decide!

Humility. How can you tell if it is sincere? How can you maintain your own? Where is the line between humbly confident and egotistical? And if I say I am humble is that actually boasting?


What does it mean to you to be humble? The dictionary.com definition includes, "not proud or arrogant; modest; having a feeling of insignificance, inferiority, subservience,etc.; low in rank, importance, status, quality, etc.; lowly; courteously respectful."


Respect is a big deal. You've got to give it in order to earn it. It's a piece of the puzzle that leads to what true humility is, don't you think? I think that truly being humble is more than a state of mind or a way of speaking. It's a whole body experience! In other words your actions will speak to whether you are truly humble or just wanting to be humble.


I think it's like the golden rule on steroids. It reads like this, 'Do unto others better than you would have done to you.' If you're constantly giving others over and above what you would expect in their shoes than it has to be on the right track, right?


I've had the most amazing response to my singing over the past few weeks. Every compliment wow's me more than the last one. If I had received only one positive feedback it would have been one more than I was expecting. I'm in awe of the overwhelming support and affection I've received, and from people I've never met! I feel blessed to the point where my heart is bursting with love and gratitude every moment of the day. Does that make me humble? I couldn't tell you. What I can tell you is that it is my honor to share with you. Whether it be this blog, my singing videos, Niki's Thoughts devotions or just a candid conversation, it has been and continues to be my honor.


It comes down to this: being humble means different things to different people. Search your soul and find what it means to you. Then, don't buy into lip service, live your whole life that way and watch your little corner of the world light up with goodness and smiles!


Thankful for: the talents God has blessed me with and the opportunity to share those talents, in any form.
Second thanks: my kids! Their craziness is either hereditary, contagious or both! But it just makes me love them all the more for it!


Lessons Learned: 
*When others have faith in you it can boost your faith in yourself and push you to do things you never dreamed you would!
*A small amount of encouragement can go a long way!
*When you stand your ground you can get your kids to eat Green Peppers instead of popsicles. 
*If you smile the world smiles with you, if you frown you can bring them down. It's all contagious so be conscience and share the smiles!!!
*Peanut Butter & Nutella sandwiches can be a great compromise, as long as you spread the Nutella very thin and slather all of it on a wholesome wholegrain bread ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment