Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Dream Big & Plan Ahead

So, if you've been on this blogging journey with me than you already know I am working on an audition tape for Season 3 of NBC's The Voice...I have finalized the song selection! I have to prepare 2 and I've chosen Melissa Etheridge's "Chrome Plated Heart" and Chely Wright's "Shut Up and Drive" for mine. Now I need to have a 5 min or less 'about me', choose my outfit and record!


I started a conversation on Twitter about what to sing. It was a lot of fun to interact with people. It is heartwarming the amount of support I've received from people I've never met in real life! I got two really good suggestions for my second choice. I was torn.


I'm dreaming big here, right? I'm not expecting a call but at the same time I'm picturing myself on that stage for the finale waiting to hear who won. In oder to be ready, I must plan ahead, right? So instead of choosing to sing one and not the other I made a compromise. I'm singing one as my second audition tape song. The other I am hiding in my back pocket for the Blind Auditions.


If you never dream big than how will you push yourself towards better things? Or different ones? Dreams are important! They help foster hope. Hope gives us a reason to wake up even on those mornings we feel like stale toast. So once you achieve your current dream form a new one fast!


Thankful for: Emergen-C! This stuff rocks some awesome vitamins and helps kick the caffeine addiction!
Second Thanks: Imagination! What would things look like if no one ever imagined different and better things? Goes together well with dreams!!


Lessons Learned:
*Sparkles on my shirt make me feel like a rock star :o)
*It's okay to go for several dreams at once just don't over extend. You'll burn out and risk giving up on one or all of them!
*I enjoy making people smile. Gives me the warm fuzzies! :o)
*I'm kind of shy, I need to work on this, it's a self confidence thing that we so won't go into right now! lol
*My inner cheerleader loves a challenge but needs to be loved <3

No comments:

Post a Comment