Sunday, February 12, 2012

If I Could Just Quit Shaking

I used to love getting up in front of a group of people, to give a speech, to play a part, whatever. I am who I am and I am okay with that. I'm goofy, I'm upbeat, I smile a lot and I am affectionate - I prefer hugs to handshakes every time!

So I can't figure out why I was shaking in my boots (literally, in my cute black boots) when I made an announcement at church. Ten minutes later my hands were still not steady! What's up with that? I mean, I know most of the people I was talking to, they know me. So, what gives?

I think maybe because I was not up there representing just myself but a group of amazing ladies that I have the honor of serving and volunteering with. That's what I'm going with. Because the alternative is that as I get older I am becoming a chicken and as my tween would say, "That's so not cool."

Lessons Learned:
*I can write notes all I want, I'm still gonna talk too fast and shake in my boots
*My friends and family love me for me so I really need to stop getting nervous
*I want to do justice to a group of amazing ladies who give their hearts and time to a lot of great causes
*I REALLY do not tolerate cold weather - unrelated but seriously important to me! LOL
*I sometimes smile so much it hurts, which will probably lead to a lot of wrinkles...but I don't care I like it when my smile becomes contagious and makes others join in the fun! :o) Go on, you know you wanna smile too now! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment