Friday, April 6, 2012

Lucky Thirteen?

I got to thinking today about my marriage, we're going to be celebrating thirteen amazing years together later this month. It's been a roller coaster ride! I remember when we met, George had a full out mullet and it was 1998 for heaven's sake! But he had on them cowboy boots and I've always been a sucker for those Mediterranean men!


We had a whirlwind romance I guess you could say! Started dating August of 1998, knew he was 'the one' by October, engaged December and we were married in our very own "Big Fat Greek Wedding" on Sunday, April 25, 1999. Crazy, right? Seems to be a theme in my life!


Our life has been full of its ups and downs. We've had epic fights, we've had amazing memories made, we have been through it all together. So what makes it work? Well, communication is huge! Of course there's love, that's a must, and you can only get so far without respect and trust! It's being ready to fight for your marriage against all odds, it's being open minded and a good listener.


How about you? Are you married? What's working for your success there? Still single? What are you looking for? Do you have an ideal mate in mind? I thought I had and I was wrong, but then I always thought I'd mess up if/when I got married yet here I am thirteen years and counting!


I wasn't looking for love when I found George! In fact, you could maybe say I already thought I had it! I was in a pretty serious relationship with my best friend from HS when George 2-Stepped into my world. Sometimes when we plan, God laughs, right? Good thing my 'fate' is in the hands of Someone a lot smarted than I!


Thankful for: A real marriage that has made it through thick & thin so far!
2nd Thanks: The ups & downs in life that bring us closer to each other!


Lessons Learned:
*My husband will always be my favorite cowboy even if he doesn't ride horses! 
*We can push ourselves into realms we never thought possible while we're not even paying attention!
*God's plans are always better than anything we could dream up!

*Faith is not just about Jesus, it covers the ones we love in our trust as well!
*Life is too short to not appreciate every moment and every individual you're blessed to receive!

No comments:

Post a Comment